BCA Photo Group Image Sharing
Our regularly scheduled Photo Sharing / Critique sessions give our members an opportunity to receive constructive feedback from photography professionals. For each session there is a Suggested Topic and also the option of submitting in the Open category. Image sharing is open to paid members only. A list of session dates, suggested topics, and submission deadlines can be found at the bottom of this page. Click the links for more details about the topic.
Digital images - For each session you may submit in advance a total of TWO digital images. Instructions for preparing and uploading images are below.
Prints - You may also bring up to TWO printed images on the evening of Image Sharing. These should be a “reasonable size” to be viewed and critiqued. They DO NOT have to be framed but they do look a lot better matted than unmatted.
Preparing your digital images for submission
- Edit your photograph in your favorite image editing program such as Lightroom, Photoshop, Elements, etc.
- Convert the image to the sRGB color space if it isn’t already in that color space.
- Size each image so that it is no wider than 1400 pixels for landscape images or no taller than 1050 pixels for portrait images. Let the resize action dynamically resize the other edge.
- Save the image in jpg / jpeg format
- Save the image using the file naming convention:
AA = your LAST NAME
B = your FIRST INITIAL
C = the "category" of the entry: S for Suggested and O for Open
Note that you may submit no more than two digital images total - not two in Suggested and two in Open.
SUBMIT PHOTOS BY EMAIL
subject: “Image Sharing” – date of session